Driftwood Kitchen (400 H Street) is celebrating its one year anniversary this Saturday (October 10th). For brunch, they are inviting guests who wear their pajamas to get a free glass of campaign to celebrate, and they will be offering a special prefix menu (as well as an a la carte menu) and bottomless mimosas and bloody marys for $15. For dinner, every guest will get a complimentary glass of champagne and there will be a prefix menu, free give aways, and half price bottles of select wine.
Vendetta (1212 H Street) will be turning its Sunday menu into an all day brunch. From 11 am until 10 pm on Sundays, you can enjoy the entire Vendetta brunch menu, including french toast sticks all day long. Their $15 bottomless mimosa special will run from 11 am until 3 pm on Sundays.
In addition, DC Bocce will be returning to Vendetta on Wednesday nights (you can sign up at DCBocce.com).
Batter Bowl Bakery (403 H Street), our favorite spot to grab a coffee and pastry on H Street, hopes to attract more of a dinner crowd with beer, wine, and expanded food options. Batter Bowl is open from 8 am to 8 pm every day, but as the owners point out, after around 3 pm the crowd dies down. Attempting to change that, Batter Bowl applied for a liquor license several months ago and will now serve a selection of wine and beer in the afternoon and evening. Look for more food options in the afternoon, including a burger and rotating specials. For right now, they will keep their current hours, but if Batter Bowl becomes more of an attraction after 3 pm that could change in the future.
It may have taken forever for the restaurant to open, but the signature wings at 6th and H Bar and Grill (523 H Street) are solid. Slow cooked in the smoker all day, they are available in increments of 5 (5-10-15-20). We recommend them with the honey bbq sauce. The bar also has beer specials during NFL games–beers for $4.
Starting at 2 pm on Saturday (September 26th), the Argonaut (1433 H Street) will be celebrating its 10th anniversary! There will be drink specials, giveaways, and live bluegrass music. They will also be debuting a new house beer, and you can check out their recently renovated patio space.
We’ve spent the last week rolling out all of the dining specials and events that you will be able to find while strolling through H Street Festival this weekend (September 19th). Here’s the complete rundown (west to east):
- Driftwood Kitchen (400 H Street): joint event with Atlas Brew Works featuring multiple beers as well as Driftwood’s bar menu. Details here.
- Boundary Road (414 H Street): will be serving their brunch menu until mid afternoon and then switching to dinner menu.
- Micho’s Grill (500 H Street): $4 beers and free popcorn with any purchase. Details here.
- Le Grenier (502 H Street): French street sandwich and $3 beer. Details here.
- DC Harvest (517 H Street): blended lunch/dinner menu and debut of new gel cocktail. Details here.
- Po Boy Jim (709 H Street): 2nd annual po boy eating contest, drink specials. Details here.
- Chupacabra (822 H Street): multiple drink and food specials. Details here.
- Queen Vic (1206 H Street): double decker booze bus, drink specials, scotch eggs. Details here.
- Kitty’s Saloon (1208 H Street): Shiner beers, bourbon, BBQ specials. Details here.
- Vendetta (1212 H Street): prosecco and food specials. Details here.
- Sticky Rice (1224 H Street): will have DJs starting at noon during H Street Festival. Details here.
- Smith Commons (1245 H Street): reduced price drinks, full bar menu. Details here.
- Sol Mexican Grill (1251 H Street): margarita zone on sidewalk out front and food on the first floor. Details here.
- Sally’s Middle Name (1320 H Street): takeout food and $5 drink specials. Details here.
- Ocopa (1324 H Street): Peruvian street food and frozen cocktails. Details here.
- H Street Country Club (1335 H Street): large patio, drink specials, food, and mariachis. Details here.
- Biergarten Haus (1355 H Street): kicking off Oktoberfest with multiple beers. Details here.
- Impala (1358 H Street): debuting new carnitas and multiple drink specials. Details here.
- Argonaut (1433 H Street): debuting new patio design, battle of the beers between east-central-west breweries. Details here.
Sol Mexican Grill (1251 H Street) will have a sidewalk Margarita zone in front of its restaurant for H Street Festival this Saturday (September 19th). They will be serving food on the first floor of their building and then having a DJ on the second floor.